THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Saturday, January 17, 2009

IT WAS TOO COLD TODAY...


I guess I am just getting too olde for this cold weather....hmmmmm thinking all my customers must be OLDE too because it was a very quiet Saturday. Bitter is a good adjective to describe todays weather. It started out at 5 degrees and only got to double digits at 2 pm.....the heater just kept humming away.
The pictures are of the cloth heart that I hang on the outside of the back door entrance ...at night I bring it in and hang on the inside. This morning when I went to put it on the outside it was FROZEN....yes frozen to the inside glass door....the second picture is of the ICE !!! ....and this is INSIDE THE STORE. Now I will admit that I turn the thermostat down to 55 degrees when I leave at night BUT the outside was so cold that it made ice inside. ????
Hmmm...that little North Carolina gal who keeps asking me to send her WINTER (yes you Lisa)...well here it is....this is it....you only want it cause you can't have it...LOL!!!
I am home in my toasty warm house but the heater is hummming $$$$'s out the chimney...sigh !
AND... I wanted to thank everyone for their heartfelt comments about my "down in the dumps"...How can anyone stay "down in the dumps" when they have so many good wishes from some very sweet gals....love to you !!! Judy

2 comments:

Pots 'n Prims said...

hehehe!!! Is that SNOW I see lingering outside?!! I must admit that we've had the cold temps here ~ 8 degrees this morning & a high of 29! But STILL no SNOW!! They are hinting at it tomorrow so I am going to bed with pj's inside out & backwards! It's an olde tradition a friend of mine has with her kids ~ and they live in upstate NY & ALWAYS have snow, so I'm hoping it works here!!
Oh, and I must have OLDE customers too! ;)
Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!
XoXo,
lisa

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I guess this is not the time to complain about the fact it only got to 76 here today...we "froze" LOL...Gosh, it's just too cold up there...!!! Stay warm and try not to think about the cost, I know it's hard...in the summer we worry every time the air conditioner kicks on...$$$...more $$$...yikes!