THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Thursday, January 29, 2009

HERITAGE MARKET TRADE SHOW....

I DID get to the trade show last evening....it was really good. This was the first time I have been there on the first evening and didn't realize that you could purchase right there from the vendors. I was able to pick up a few items - everything was really very nice and well done. The prices, however, were a bit more than I wanted to spend on some items. Not that they weren't worth it....just more than I felt I wanted to bring to our customers at this time. I am doing my best, in this economy, to find the "best for less"! I fully understand all the "behind the scenes" costs in operating a business so I am not complaining.
Going to the trade show really gives you inspiration and I can't wait to get to the store today (may have to go by ice skating) to pull out my spring and Easter goods. I am also anxious to go to the fabric store and find some NEW fabric to cover tables etc. (NOT that I NEED one more yard of fabric) however buying a few yards of NEW fabric can really get me creating!!
The picture below of "MASTER HIGBIE WEATHERFORD" is a perfect example of what gets me motivated to work hard. MASTER HIGBIE is a Turkey Hollow creation and soon to be on his way to THE CINNAMON STICK....Barb teases me like this - sending me pictures of "soon to come wares" - and I can't wait to "pet" him !! We do sell quite a bit of rabbits and bunnies and peeps and eggs....oh boy can you tell I am ready for SPRING!!!

8 comments:

Bren said...

Great that you got to the Market! It does a body good and gets the creativity flowing. I LOVE the bunny, it's adorable. Have a wonderful day and stay safe in all that ice.
Hugs, Bren

Kath said...

Oh, I just LOVE-LOVE that cute lil bunny! :)
it's just adorable!

have a good day.
-Kath

ctlogcabin said...

What a fine looking fellow Master
Higbie is. I know Im all for some green grass, eggs, and bunnies.
Come on Spring ~~
Have a good day at the store.
Hugs ~ Connie xox

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Hooray, you got to the exhibit and back despite the weather! Looking forward to see what fabric you pick for yer tables -- it DOES give a person a new, fresh feeling to change up tablecloths and such! Master Higby sure is a cutie -- we had a real rabbit named "Digby" due to his naughty digging nature...

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

So glad you got to go...I just love Mr. Higby:)
Rondell

Back in the Day said...

That little bunny is adorable! I, too, am VERY ready for Spring!

Elm Hollow Primitives said...

Oh Please let us have an early Spring. I so need my sunshine. Your bunny is sweet. Such talented people out there. Lucky for us. Hope today is a great day at the store. What do you think of the bachlor so far? I like most of his choices.
Tootalls-Donna

Karen said...

Hi Judy....well we got to Heritage Market today....oh there is some beautiful stuff there...but like you I thought SOME of the prices were just a bit high to try and sell - once you mark it up it seems way out of line...SO I JUST HAD TO BUY IT FOR MYSELF...lol
No, only a couple things - I did pretty good there.
Karen