THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, December 1, 2008

ONE LAST EVENT BEFORE...

The big day!!! This weekend we will have our "SLEIGH RIDE" thru Hereford and Zionsville - of course it is just a pretend sleigh ride - you just have to imagine your car being a sleigh. If you play your Christmas Carols very loud and sign along with them I don't think it should be very hard to imagine!! I can get into a "fantasy world" very quickly....a dreamer I am!! Anyway ( I do get off track easily don't I !!) There are four stores involved in this event...you have to visit each store and get your "sleigh" (available at every store) stamped by each store and then you can enter your "sleigh" in a drawing to win one of five gift certificates - redeemable at the store of your choice....sound like fun? It is !! Each store has something special going on...be it discounts on merchandise or good food to eat. We do the food thing. An olde English tradition of "Hot Pockets" - "an olde English tradition of keeping your hands warm while Christmas shopping in the early 1800's. In merry olde England street vendors would sell "potatoes", well baked, to passing shoppers - shouting "Hot Pockets" "Hot Pockets"~~~ Customers would purchase the potatoes placing them in their pockets thus keeping their hands warm while they shopped...".
On Saturday, Dec. 6th "Elf Tony" will do the serving of the "Hot pockets" on the back porch (along with all the trimmings) together with popcorn and hot cocoa! It was a huge success last year and customers told us they hoped we would do it again....so we are!
Today I have been busy grocery shopping and thinking (writing notes and more notes) so I wouldn't forget a thing....(I searched for fresh chives in my herb garden ..but they are no more)... It promises to be a very fun weekend...the event is for three days, Dec. 5, 6 and 7 - and each day we will have something for our customers. Here's my list of notes.....

6 comments:

Karen said...

What a delightful post.
Your town sounds so fun - and what you give out is wonderful....love the old traditions.
Karen

Janet - underthewillow said...

waaaa I wanna come!....sounds like so much FUN! Janet :)

ctlogcabin said...

A "Magic" Sleigh Ride and a "Hot Pocket" served by a Cute Elf. Waaaaa I'm with Janet I want to visit too !!!
Judy it all sounds so Festive......EnJoy !!!
Hugs ~ Connie xox

MISS PRUDENCE said...

JOLLY TIMES ARE ALWAYS HAPPENING AT THE CINNAMON STICK... PITY WA STATE IS SO VERY FAR AWAY, I WILL BE THERE IN SPIRIT, WATCH FOR ME... A MERE WHISPER ON THE WALL HUMMING ALONG WITH YOUR CHRISTMAS TUNES, (THAT WILL BE ME) ((:.... XXXXX B

Kudzu said...

Sounds like fun! Sometimes I wish it would snow down here in the South, but then again, I couldn't stand being cold and wet :D My husband is from Ohio, and he only misses the snow when he thinks about Snow Cream.
Kudzu

Cabin Creek Farm said...

I am with the rest of the gals...I wanna come too :) Sounds delightful!!!!