THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, December 15, 2008

MY JOHNNIES LOVE ME !!

Really they do! Here it is the middle of December in PENNSYLVANIA and my Johhny-jump-ups are still blooming....they do love me! I have a special fondness for these adorable little flowers....arriving early in the spring and spreading their beauty by jumping all over the place - you never know where a plant might "pop up" !! I was able to pick some to brighten up my Herbal Cranberry Spread that we were serving last week! When we have our "Herbal Affair" in May I sugar them and add them to little fairy cakes that we make - I can't wait to share that with you!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Well if that isn't incredible! They just seem tougher than they look...so delicate.
Karen

ctlogcabin said...

Why Bless their Liitle Hearts,
I say they love your truly ....
As do the rest of us ~~~
Hugs ~ Connie xox

Shellmo said...

What a great idea to brighten up a dip or cake! :-)

ctlogcabin said...

Hi My Friend ~~
Hope you had a nice day at home,
baking, wrapping and just being.
Its closing in fast...heard you are
having "Heart Day" thoughts. lol
Keep Well ~~
I miss seeing and reading Miss Barbara,
sending her hugs here if shes stops by.
Hugs ~ Connie xox

Kudzu said...

I do love those myself, the combination of purple and yellow is so happy :D
It makes the dip so special! And sugared on cakes must be extra special...reminds me of a cookie book I had that told how to sugar edible blooms :D
Kudzu