THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, December 7, 2008

IT WAS A FUN DAY -

Oh my was it ever cold.....setting up in the morning for our Sleigh Ride event I wasn't sure how Tony was ever going to stay outside and be his "jolly olde self" !! He did though - (we let him inside every once in awhile to warm up...!!) It was a super day...just seeing olde friends and meeting new ones makes all the work seem so unimportant! I was up VERY early in the morning to bake potatoes but I was VERY organized and everything went smoothly. I love to host events...I am a "wannabee" Tea Room owner and this gives me a chance to play. We had a nice crowd...sold lots of Christmas items...and I think made some customers happy when they found a "perfect" gift for someone....We drove home in a "snow storm" - the perfect ending to a perfect day -NOW - on to my Christmas shopping...
I do have to tell you though....Sharon made 5 new mice items and they all sold 1-2-3 !! Mice seem to be THE THING!! Who would have thought!!! Of course her mice look so sweet and innocent...and come with Christmas greetings...
I have one more box of treasures coming from Turkey Hollow and that makes me very excited too- There are no more events scheduled and it will just be business as usual..!!!
And by the way - we only got a "dusting" of snow...about an inch....so that makes me happy this morning!!
Have a good day today...bake cookies, wrap presents and sing Christmas Carols....XO Judy

8 comments:

Beehind Thyme said...

Oh... Judy I am so glad to hear of your successful day... I just can imagine the Christmas Spirit that was shared. You are truly my inspiration!

Many MeRRiE BLeSSiNgs on this CoLd DeCeMbeR DaY, Pamela

Elm Hollow Primitives said...

Judy-Sounds like the day was perfect. We to got a dusting of snow in Pgh. I never left the house. Today is a shopping and wrapping day for us too. Maybe sneek in a Christmas movie or two.
Have a wonderful day.
Tootalls-Donna

MISS PRUDENCE said...

NO SNOW HERE IN TURKEY HOLLOW...):
THE WEATHER YOU WERE GIFTED WITH FOR YOUR "SLEIGH RIDE DAY" AT THE CINNAMON STICK SOUNDS MADE TO ORDER,,, A DUSTING OF SNOW...HOW PERFECT.
XXXX

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Love veiwing everything wish I could have been there...a cold but happy day for all of you♥
Rondell

Karen said...

Hi Judy, well, I'm not surprised that the event went off well, actually GREAT!
You planned so carefully (we know, we read your posts...lol) - it couldn't have been anythng but GREAT!
Isn't it so true, when we're doing something we love and fun, it's not work at all.
Glad everything was a huge success...oh, and the mice....yep, we even bought a set of 2 mice this year! lol

Karen

ctlogcabin said...

Judy ~~
Congrats on your Wonderful Week-End !!! Wish I could have been there ~~ Hope now that your events are over you can take a little time to make Christmas Magic for yourself and your Beautiful Family.
Warm Winter Hugs ~ Connie xox

Back in the Day said...

Glad you had a great day! Your pics are lovely - the shop is adorable!

Shellmo said...

A sleigh ride sounds like the perfect way to kick off the holiday season!! We've had over 2 feet of snow at our log cabin.