THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, December 12, 2008

BLAKELY MEL...Watch out Miss Barbara you have competition!!!





My sweet 4 year olde grandaughter and I played together last Tuesday while her Mom did some Christmas shopping - she LOVES to make things and oh how Grandmom hopes she follows in her footsteps. She is very creative and we decided to perform some magic this day. I transferred her school picture on a piece of muslin letting her peel off the transfer....her face was enough to brighten my week!! I sewed the pillow and she stuffed it....all by herself. I don't whip stitch my closures, I rather use a "ladder stitch", so Blakely was able to pull the needle and thread thru all by herself after I entered it first....I was so proud of her. We wrapped it up and she was giving it to her Mom for Christmas! That lasted until she got home when she unwrapped the pillow, gave it to her Mom and promptly took it back~ sad thing is I never took a picture of the finished pillow....duh!!!!

4 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

Oh my goodness, what an adorable child! What fun memories you are making with her! I'll bet that pillow was mighty cute! Janet :)

ctlogcabin said...

Judy ~~
What and adorable sweet girl, and what a precious story. LOL Its so hard for the little ones to keep a secret. Love the fact that she took the pillow back...guess she was real proud of it, maybe she just wants to keep close what her and Grandma created together. Hugs ~ Connie xox

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

She is so cute!!! Don't you just love them?

I'm sure she takes after Grammy:)
Rondell

Karen said...

Well if she just isn't the little crafter and she plays for the camera! lol
How cute.
Karen