THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, November 16, 2008

TOO MUCH FUN !!!


Is there such a thing as too much fun? Our first Snow Globe class was yesterday and it is great getting a bunch of gals together to create! They don't have a "clue" what they are in for and when it is all finished you get those happy faces of accomplishment. Believe me there are times (like when you are singing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer - while holding sprigs of green trees in a glass jar with just your fingertips waiting for the glue to adhere) when you feel that "I will never be able to do this" !! But just look at those happy faces....AND WE MAKE THEM DO IT ALL BY THEMSELVES!!

GLITTER !! That just seems to be a "magical" word....and we use lots of it. You can't see in the pictures but everything is "sparkling" ! I think my "alter-ego" comes out of me when creating these whimsical items - it really is fun.

The store was busy too....seems everyone is getting into the Christmas Spirit even though our temperatures hit 70 degrees.....doesn't seem right for this time of the year - but okay on the heat bills. It rained all day yesterday...sometimes very hard....but today the sun is shining - and I am looking forward to a good day. There is SO much to do...I love being busy but I also am one of "those" that needs to have everything ready a day or two ahead of time - not a last minute person at all....I DON'T WORK WELL UNDER PRESSURE... so today I will go into the store early (we open at noon) and get the attic ready for our Wednesday night class. Then I can relax (LOL!!) on Monday and Tuesday when we are closed.....so off I go...Have a good Sunday...I know this is a favorite day for many! (mine is Monday)...

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Judy,
What a fun looking project and the girls look like they had a fun and successful time of it.
Oh how I wish I could have been there!
Love the post.
Karen

MISS PRUDENCE said...

YOU MAKE EVEN A CLASS LOOK LIKE A PARTY.........WOOHOO AND PARTY ON PA... XX

Elm Hollow Primitives said...

Judy- Just find out you are only an hour away from my sister-in-law. She cant't wait to get a weekend off to come to your shop. She said I am going to bankrupt her by finding all these great shops. Someday I will get there too. Great idea for the class. I wish I lived closer.
Tootalls-Donna