THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

SHOPPING SPREE !!!

Today Sharon and I went SHOPPING !! She is great to shop with....what I miss - she finds and our kindred hearts love the same thing....We haven't been out "fun" shopping since Miss Barbara of Turkey Hollow was with us (we missed you Barb!!)...We also didn't miss a wholesale warehouse....went to them all and found some "good" stuff. Of course these are all imports but much needed to fill in the store from last week. I found the BEST faux holly.....some of the leaves even "curl" like the real holly. I am loving it for filling the sacks and baskets we have for sale. Some wonderful "root" wreaths...small like a nest....that are all glittered up (yegads...me and my glitter these days!!) Some Christmas ribbon and faux snow - between the faux snow and glitter and mica snow the store looks like a "Winter Wonderland"...I got some pine picks that we sold out of and red glittered Merry Christmas ornies to hang on the tree...the Christmas notepads from Prims by Kathy (she has such cute ones) and then we hit the Hayloft Fabric store in Morgantown. SO-O-O-O many wonderful fabrics....and I filled the cart and could hardly push it.
Oh - how could I forget.....we went to Family Creations in Intercourse....I have never been to this store in their new location...and have heard so much about it from customers and friends...well it was quite wonderful - a must see for every prim lover! I met the owner Julie and she was right there to give me a big hug....it is neat when you meet someone for the first time but feel like you have known them forever....that is just how I felt...super nice person...super nice store!! Highlight of our day!!
Now I must write a store newsletter with a picture of our Yo-Yo mat for our class on Nov. 22nd...never a dull moment....thank goodness!

5 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

It sounds like a wonderful day indeed!....I had a shopping buddy like that but she recently moved to Maine and I miss our days like that! Janet

ctlogcabin said...

Good Morning Judy ~
Glad to hear you had a fun day out.
I love shopping with a friend or two and
sharing some laughs.
Sending Big Warm CT Hugs ~ Connie xox

Karen said...

Hi Judy, what a fun shopping trip...wish I was with!
Oh, don't you just love FAMILY CREATIONS? I could stay in there all day long! I overspent last month when we shopped there....can't wait to go back.
All your goodies sound wonderful.
Karen

Elm Hollow Primitives said...

Hi Judy-Stopped by your post today and had to laugh at your shopping frenzy. My friend Lynne and I shopped like that this weekend on the way up to the simple goods show. What fun. She had laughted so much she took an advil because her cheeks hurt. LOL. Hope to some day get to your shop.
Tootalls-Donna

Back in the Day said...

Sounds like alot of fun!