THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Thursday, November 6, 2008

IT WAS A SPECIAL DAY.....


I entered the store yesterday morning and slowly turned all the lights on - I put the Christmas Carols on.....and then just stood there in awe of how magical the store looked....I have to admit I was quite pleased and alittle cocky that I pulled it altogether - - -- it was amazing!!!! It was cloudy here in PA so the twinkling lights just sparkled....AND then all heck broke loose....the parking lot filled up - customers came rushing in and I do think they had a good time finding lots of goodies for Christmas!! I LOVE CHRISTMAS...everyone's spirits were high....talking of going home to pull their Christmas decorations out....that is the best compliment - to make people feel like Christmas on November 5th!!! All the gals that make things for the store did such a wonderful job making THE CINNAMON STICK so special. I can't thank them enough. Brenda worked at her REAL job 21 days straight and still brought 3 boxes of her altered art and mixed media treasures....Dianne worked till midnight on the 3rd to finish her goodies and then got up at 5 am to have a nice "talk" with them before she left for work at her REAL job and turned them over to me.....and Sharon...well it wouldn't be open house without her - I don't know how to thank her and her family for allowing her to work non-stop for weeks on end.....and NOW I have wonderful treasures coming from Barbara of Turkey Hollow that customers are just waiting for....Barbara who after arriving home from her "over a month long trip east"...went straight to work making Christmas goodies for us....Love you Barb and can't wait for that box to arrive!!! THE CINNAMON STICK IS A SPECIAL PLACE BECAUSE OF ALL OF YOU !!!

I will try to post some pictures soon.....

9 comments:

Elm Hollow Primitives said...

I love to hear that other people enjoy Christmas as much as I. So may times you hear the complaining because we rush the holidays. I however want to savor the time. Starting in Nov. only allows us the time to truely cherish the season. I hope to someday visit your shop.I live in Pgh how far are your from that?
Donna

Janet - underthewillow said...

So glad to hear your day was grand Judy!....helping along the Christmas spirit is a gift to be sure! Janet :)

Char said...

I am glad that your Christmas opening was spectacular!

Kimberly said...

I really wish I could have been there!!

Grace Maurer said...

SEE YOU TOMORROW, JUDY. I CAN'T WAIT.

GRACE

Carole said...

OOOHHHHHHHHHH your store looks so inviting - so wish you were near, I would plan a trip to your store for sure !!!

Love your style ( and Christmas !)

Karen said...

I am so glad I found your blog...and thanks for the wonderful comment you placed on mine!
I will take the tour of the shop when I post this.
And I put you in my Favorite Blog List!
Karen

Shari said...

I love this little elf guy! Absolutely wonderful!! Is he for sale in your store????

Hugs,
Shari

ohiofarmgirl said...

It sounds so exciting....wish I was there. Dianntha