THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, November 23, 2008

COLD BUT SUNNY....


It is a very, very cold Sunday morning here in PA...trying to be "frugal" the heat is turned down low but oh my....we are much to olde to be chilly...(the young move fast and therefore keep warm - we are a tad bit slower) !!! It is suppose to be cold but NOT this cold yet! (the heat is turned up to a respectable number now). I have been busy paying bills and reflecting on the Christmas gifts we will give this year. We have 11 grandchildren - love them to pieces...ranging from age of 18 all the way down to almost 3. The older ones...18, 16, 14 get money....they love it...as I no longer "know" what is cool and what is "not"...and when I see how the kids dress today...I am glad they want to pick out their own clothes!! (however I am not a prude and do remember how it was when I was young and wanted to be "cool" in the clothing department - (and we won't go there about "hair" ) So I am quite content in letting the boys be boys and wear what they want....(oh did I mention the three teenagers were BOYS.....doesn't that make it easier considering what some of the teenage gals wear today.....oh my!!! Oh My!!! OH MY !!! I am glad I don't have to fight that battle.
The little ones 12, 2 - 8's, 7, 5, 2 - 4's and an almost 3 (big smile) are easy in the clothing department but very hard in the toy department. I am not up on the DS's and WII's and all that jazz....so I just get what my son and daughter tell me....Christmas made easy - with the time I have to shop I suppose this is a "good thing"...although I will spend some time at the mall with the hustle and bustle of shoppers, Christmas music playing, rude salespeople (only cause of rude shoppers and being overworked I am sure) I usually manage to find the one person who has had the "worse" day....been there - so I am extra NICE !! I will drag my hubby with me this day and he won't complain - every year his Christmas Spirit arrives a bit earlier.....and we will have a nice dinner and go home broke and exhausted!! I can't wait !! I love Christmas !!
The pictures are of my children....a long long time ago.....Now they are 38 and 36 !!


2 comments:

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Oh, how cute they are...I'm going to have to hunt up some of mine it I get a chance:) Yes, a long time ago but they are memories that are young in my heart:) My oldest is 39, 36, 33, and 28! then the three granddaughter's 7, 4, and 3:)
Have a great Sunday!
Rondell

Janet - underthewillow said...

awww....thank you for sharing Judy!....just yesterday I was driving down the street and the song Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, the one by Gene Autry, came on the radio and that instantly brought back the memory of me singing that song to my oldest little boy as a toddler, when he was the only one, and I could just hear his sweet little baby voice saying, "Mama sing"....he used to say that everytime I was done with the song so I'd start all over again! Janet :)