THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A WORK IN PROGRESS....

As you can see by my new heading and colors - It's beginning to look alot like Christmas !! I have to learn how to do some of that fancy stuff.....just too busy to fill my head with anything NEW right now - so this will have to do!
Today it is back to work and I will spend the day packing up some of the fall "accessories" and "props" that I use to make the store feel all Autumny and Halloweenish ! Our witch Hagatha, who lives on the front porch, and Cornball our scarecrow, who lives on the back porch, will go to rest for another year. The tiny hay bales going up the steps to our second floor will be bundled and bagged till next year too. Garlands of fall leaves and pumpkins will be untwined from tiny white lights, harvest welcome signs and the "dead" hanging sunflowers all will be put away. The biggest job will be taking the REAL dead tree down - what a conversation piece this tree has been. I am wondering.....no....it must be destroyed it would never make another year...but it was fun - and talk about being "GREEN"....LOL!! For those that don't know - our Christmas tree - a Frasier fir - from last year did not get thrown away and started to turn "ORANGE"...we kept it in the back yard under some tall pine trees and it kept it's needles and we were able to use it for our Halloween Tree - a picture follows....it was fun to decorate over and over again! The store will look very bare and unfriendly all week...BUT it will be so much fun to move the furniture around to make room for the fake Christmas tree and decorate for the holiday season....This is going to be a very busy week - I will keep you posted on my progress !!

9 comments:

Beth S. said...

HI Judy!
Good Morning! It's Beth from Olde Tyme Marketplace and I just had to tell you thank you for your sweet comments about my blog. I also wanted to know if you could bag up this dead tree and ship it my way! LOL!! I love it! What a great look!
Off to the shop today to start putting up Christmas! Can you believe it's time???? Have a blessed day!
Beth

ctlogcabin said...

Well I'll be.....I was at the shop when this tree was up and didn't realize it was a "real old" tree. There is just too much Good Stuff at the Cinnamon Stick ..... a body cant take it all in.
Have a Great Day !!!
Don't work too hard.
Hugs ~ Connie xox

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Love that tree!!! I would have never thought it was a "dead" tree either. You are sure getting me in the Christmas mood!
Rondell

basketsnprims said...

I like that tree, too. How fun for Halloween. We have snow here & I can't wait til next week to change my decorating scheme. Can't wait to see pics of the shop @ Christmastime.

Pam

Kimberly said...

Fan-tastic!

ohiofarmgirl said...

What a fun idea. I can't wait to see you sote with it's Holiday ware on. Dianntha

Jill said...

hi judy, love your blog :) Thanks for visting mine!
Blessings,
Jill

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Judy!....the dead tree is a hoot and your refurbished blog is looking great! Janet :)

Beehind Thyme said...

Ohhhhhhh... Judy will you come and help me... my shoppes are a mess when you get finished there???

As always I enjoy stopping in to visit with you... you are such an inspiration to me.

Many blessings on this AuTuMn Thursday, Pamela