THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Saturday, October 11, 2008

PRICE TAGS...

I think every storekeeper has her/his own little pet peeves when they go shopping.....mine is price tags that you can't read....or ones that stick to the item and leave a mark....there is another one but afraid I might offend...so I will keep it to myself. I have this need to make my price tags different. Now I know they are just price tags....and believe me I don't think I am that great....I just like mine. I coffee stain them (dry in microwave)....the paper and sticky ones....and then hand stamp the name of the item or something similar with my little alphabet stamps... the price usually goes on the back of the tag with a sticky tag hand stamped with the price or one from aged paper with my handwritten description and price. Silly? Probably.....time consuming...oh yes....very - but like I said some storekeepers have their "thing" and that is mine. I have MANY sets of stamps....new and antique - with gidgets and gadgets to go with them. AND stamps.....lots of stamps for everyday and every holiday. I love to play...I also LOVE stickers...yeppers....I have lots of old ones...(geez you even have to lick them)....and some new ones too. My friend Miss Prudence(knowing how I love stickers and glitter) bought me a wonderful package of Halloween stickers ...all with glitter. AND I use them....love sticking stickers on everything - maybe I will never grow up!
For Halloween I used a tag punch ( thank you Brunie Mae for this sweet gift) to cut out a tag from aged orange construction paper....punched a star hole in it...and then, from dear sweet Martha, purchased a punch of a witch on a broom. I punched out the witch from black construction paper and glued each witch on the tag....Pinned the price tag on with a rusty pin and I was happy. Now I am trying to find something for the Christmas items...have to do it in a hurry so I can get this pricing done...will keep you up-to-date on what I choose. Any ideas??? ANd hey what is your thing???

8 comments:

Pots 'n Prims said...

Oh I just think your tagging ways are adorable - very unique! In fact, I still have the little witch tag on the pumpkin pillow I got while visiting! hehe!! I just love it so!!
I like to do a bit different here in the shop, too...I do like to have my contact info somewhere on the tag....and I'm constantly changing the design! hehe!! If it's a large group of things (like my cupboard candles), I make a stamped sign on brown kraft that says what they are & how much, then I just put a lil' tag on each so I don't have to look when they're checking out....
Can't wait to see what you do for the holidays! I did see a neat snowflake punch the other day! Of course, there goes the quickness, huh?
XoXo,
lisa

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Oh, how I'd love to go to your store, such wonderful ways to show your customers that you care:) I don't like it when they stick the price tag on the item on front, sometimes it leaves a glue mark, if they have to use those type of stickers I'd rather have them on the back of the it.
Rondell

underthewillow said...

Oh I absolutely loathe stickers that leave the sticky on my stuff!....on another note, I just have to say that the other day I received a box of goodies I purchased from Judy, they were treasures made by Barbara of Turkey Hollow, and treasures they are!....but you should have seen how they were packaged!....each item was wrapped up like a present!....beautiful tissues and festive ribbons, it was FABULOUS!....thank you again Judy! Janet :)

basketsnprims said...

I don't like it either with a sticker that could leave a mark. I do like a personalized prim tag and if a prize has to go on the back of the tag, that's ok. I love how Janet described the package she received from your shop, Judy. I hope to visit there someday.
Pam

MISS PRUDENCE said...

EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY AT THE CINNAMON STICK... TREASURES GALORE WITH TAGS THAT YOU WANT TO SET ASIDE AND KEEP IN YOUR FOREVER TREASURE BOX...TIME CONSUMING FOR MISS JUDY TO MAKE, YES INDEED,, IT IS HOWEVER "MISS JUDY" AND THE TYPE SHOPKEEPER SHE IS... EVERY LITTLE DETAIL ATTENDED TO, MAKING EACH PURCHASE EXTRA SPECIAL..RIGHT DOWN TO THE CINNAMON STICK TIED TO THE PACKAGE...((:

JeanM said...

Price tags can be a problem. I have bought stuff that has been shot with those plastic strings and it breaks the fiber and a hole developes. Glue is another issue spots and gunk.
I like little tags that are slipped around parts of the item like arms legs or whatever.
Snowflake punched tags or stars would be great for christmas all grunged up.
JeanM

Back in the Day said...

I cut brown paper bags with decorative scissors - star punch for hole and stamp the item on the tag. Great way to recycle and you can pick up a bag of lunch sacks for $1.00!

Barbara said...

Aw Judy...my customers thought I was crazy spending so much time on tagging...I agree, it makes a big difference in the item you're pricing when a special tag is included! I too use lots of rubber stamps and on the back, I put a sticker w/price. That way, if a customer wants to keep the tag, they can remove the sticker and don't have the price staring at them. For Christmas, I like to tie or sew a piece of greenery and/or cinnamon stick onto the tag...endless ideas in making those special tags! Blessings. Barbara @ Cabin In The Woods