THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

OCTOBER CHRISTMAS CREEP....


That is what the news called it....all the major stores decorating for Christmas....giving Christmas sales! (dear me Christmas??) - UNBELIEVABLE!! Yes.....I am working on Christmas....as you can see by the candy canes I posted - BUT I will not be fooled into buying early - I know the season is going to be rough - and I am BANKING on all my loyal and wonderful, smart, savvy customers to know where to buy the best holiday merchandise! I am speaking for ALL the small businesses out there that depend solely on your purchases. Yes we have to sell some "Made in China" items cause there are not ENOUGH "Made in USA" items to pay our bills - but I can say THE CINNAMON STICK will provide you with the best handmade and unique items that we can find! I will not let the newscasters and gloom and doom reports take away my "CHRISTMAS SPIRIT" - I love every bit of Christmas....the birth of Jesus....and the gift giving of St. Nicolas....to our present day Santa Claus. A most wondrous celebration that brings joy to all who live the reason BUT enjoy the season too.
Gift giving doesn't have to be a chore or headache...nor expensive - we will have wonderful handmade items and antiques in everyone's price range. Handmade gifts are great too...come to one of our "classes" and learn to make some of your Christmas presents! Gifts from the heart are the most wonderful. We hope you can find lots of treasures at our store...the store with the "CHRISTMAS SPIRIT"....okay I am off my soapbox....just had to get that out of me this morning!!
****and I love getting "kissed" under the mistletoe too...!!!

8 comments:

Pots 'n Prims said...

Amen sister! :)
XoXo,
lisa

Back in the Day said...

I agree 100%! Thanks so much for "airing this"! All of us shop owners need to stick together!

underthewillow said...

Well said Judy!

Beehind Thyme said...

Judy... you go girl!!! Perfectly said! We have been designing, cutting, stitching & stuffing for about 2 weeks now on Christmas...LOL... it seems I am NEVER ready though for "Christmas N The Country" our little Open House here at Beehind Thyme. I am going to keep you my motivational tool...

Have a Wonderful, FaLL DaY, Pamela

pegi said...

WoW, Judy, you go girl!!
I just wanted to thank you for responding to my comment and you bet we'll be in!
Your shop doesn't just sell products...you sell comfort and hominess....something so many of us stressed out folks need to find in our homes after a long day at work these days. Bless you!
Pegi (your black licorice kindred spirit :>)

OldGlorySoldiers said...

I think it is great that you support Made In America Artisans .... as well as promote others to make items themselves...

I think you are going to have a lot of great times with your customers and friends with the classes and handmade items!!

I wish I were closer because your pictures of your class look so much fun!! I can't wait to see more!

Prim Blessin's,
Tina

Grace Maurer said...

Judy, you do make me smile. Looking forward to seeing you during your Xmas Open House

Beth S. said...

Judy!
I have heard such nice things about you from my good friend Lisa at Homethrown Pottery. I had time to do some "blog surfing" tonight and came across your recent post. It was wonderful! Everything you said was right on the money! We must stick together and support each other. I have a shop in North Carolina and panic whenever I get an order in....will I be able to sell this??? I do alot of praying. I hope to be able to make it to your shop one day soon. Lisa and I are gonna be in need of a road trip!
Many blessings,
Beth