THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, October 19, 2008

A NEW FRIEND...


I am so humbled that a new found friend wrote to me today BECAUSE I haven't written on my blog for a couple days.... !!! !!! Wanted to be sure all was okay in my world......how flattering is that!!! Truly my friend I AM HUMBLED!!! Truth is - my world has been a bit boring - the store is right at the edge of "inbetween" seasons....coming to the end of fall and Halloween and the beginning of the Christmas "parties" (we do alot of partying at The Cinnamon Stick!) ...Not much has been exciting - other than some babysitting with my grandsons ( that is ALWAYS an adventure) ~~
I have been busy trying to get items priced as they come in....also stuffing red wooly stars and brown wooley gingerboys - There are a lot of things in NEED to be done but also need to wait till it is time - going from one season to the other in a matter of two days can be very "trying" to say the least and "timing" is everything. (You will be reading lots of griping soon I am afraid to admit) So I busy myself these days with the preparation of an "instant makeover" from black and orange to red and green! I have this thing about covering everything (almost) with a doily of some sort.....(really just pieces of torn fabric to set under items)...I change with the seasons - all of it...every window (the first floor has 7 - 18" windowsills )table, cupboard shelf etc. and even my bathroom....dear me can't forget the bathroom! I have to laugh...but it has become a "curiosity" to some. Located on the back porch in alittle building all of it's own - right at the back entrance - it is made of wood (to look like a log cabin -sort of...that was the intention I think) Two walls are of stone making it impossible to have a roll of toilet tissue hanging from it....so Tony found me alittle table type thingy and fastened a 9 " Paper Cutter on it to hold the tissue. A pedestal sink was added and a few do-dads of mine - it ALWAYS smells wonderful with a basket of potpourri and a diffuser adding sweet scents. I decorate it with the seasons - there is a window that a valance of candy corn and a pumpkin angel, a tin pumpkin and a black cat hang from a rod made from a birch branch. Most all steady customers know where it is.....show it off to their friends - and always thank me !!!
So my friend.....now I have gotten to be so boring that I am posting about my bathroom.....LOL!! Soon things will be hopping around here and I will share everything as I am a talker and will go on and on to anyone who wants to listen....best thing about blogging you can always turn me off....Sending good wishes to everyone this chilly evening....
(picture is of slateboard behind the counter )

4 comments:

ctlogcabin said...

Evening Judy ~
Finally figured out how to see your
most recent comments...and what do I find you talking about but that adorable
bathroom of yours. lol
Just love it...its the cutest thing going.
Keep Warm My Friend, Im off to Bed !!
Hugs ~ Connie xox

Janet - underthewillow said...

So good to see a post from you Judy!....I know what you mean about things being kind of boring right now....your bathroom sounds so charming as does everything I read about The Cinnamon Stick!

Beehind Thyme said...

OMG... OMG... that is ALL I can say... you can't imagine the excitement when I arrived home from my little road trip today... to find from the postie... a box marked from The Cinnamon Stick.

You are tooooooooo much... I absolutely loved the packaging & all the little cats & boos falling out everywhere... My son thought I had lost it. The ribbon was adorable & the actual gift itself... words can't explain how happy it made me.

Thank you from the bottom depths of my heart... you truly made my week. Hugs, Pamela

MISS PRUDENCE said...

NEVER BORING IN HEREFORD AT THE CINNAMON STICK... A BATHROOM THAT CHANGES WITH THE SEASONS WHAT A PERFECTLY "GOOD THING"....XX