THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

MY WEEKEND...



Monday and Tuesday the store is closed and these days are what I consider my "weekend" ! Sometimes I just do the mundane things like clean, grocery shop, the wash....you get the idea...and sometimes I take a day of sheer fun with a girlfriend - and some weekends I get all involved with creating items for the store. That is what the pictures are above....lots of sacks that will be filled with fresh Christmas greens, holly and maybe a handmade candy cane or two. They still need the strings cut and wire goes thru the seam to hang - which I will do today if I get a chance...(hoping to be way to busy with customers...(big smile) I transferred pictures of vintage Christmas postcards on each - they make a cool place to store all those Christmas cards you get too.

The turkey is a print I found and copied - Thanksgiving items are hard to find that are "country" enough for our customers (and me)! Every once in awhile I will find a vintage turkey platter but the price of those has really risen. One of the gals who makes things for the store, Connie Steinbeck, made two pillows with a wool turkey handstitched to the front....in penny rug style. I should get a picture and share....only one is left. I love this pillow - lots of beautiful handwork.

Wishing everyone a beautiful Autumn day....

7 comments:

Char said...

Love the prints on the pockets!...have a great day!

ctlogcabin said...

Judy ~ Beautiful hand-dids...its
amazing to me, all you get done,
on your "days off". :-)
Especially when I know how
much time you gave to a friend in need.
Thank You Again !!!
Have a Wonderful Busy Fall Day !!
Hugs ~ Connie xox

The Feathered Nest said...

Judy, these are just wonderful!!! I love them...I can't wait to seem them all stuffed and hanging ~ I hope your day is a good one!! (((hugs sweet friend))) xxoo, Dawn

MISS PRUDENCE said...

GOBBLE-GOBBLE... GOTTA LOVE THE TURKEY (: IT IS A MOST WONDERFUL PRINT, REMINDS ME OF THE ONES I USE TO COLOR AS A CHILD IN GRADE SCHOOL... YEEE-IKES SO LONG AGO...HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK..
XX

Kimberly said...

Very nice! I think I'm going to enjoy still seeing Thanksgiving things on others' blogs... our Thanksgiving was more than a week ago...

And I looove those little sacks!

Have a great day! Kimberly

Janet - underthewillow said...

Wow those bags look sooo cute!....I hope you were really busy in your shoppe today with customers!

Cabin Creek Farm said...

I love your bags and I do love Thanksgiving...I can't wait to go home (NYC) to be with family.