THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Thursday, October 23, 2008

COMING TO AN END....

I stood behind the counter today and looked up at the calendar - my heart did a flip-flop!! CHRISTMAS open house is less than two weeks away....LESS THAN !!! I am humming Christmas Carols when no one can hear....ironing Christmas fabric to spread thru-out the store...BUT less than two weeks away....YIKES!!! So much to do....what goodies will we serve, where will I put the tree...do I dare get a REAL one..?? Write an email...get the advertising for the paper ready, pull out the faux greens and candy canes for the porches....are all the twinkle lights working?? Do I have enough treasures...do I have too many? Do they want snowmen, Santas, Angels...??? Vintage? Primitive? Glitzy?
OKAY - I smacked myself across the head and have calmed down...one thing at a time...take a deep breath....I still have 13 days !!!
You know fall is just about over (for us shopkeepers) when you are left with this !!!


5 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hey nice pumpkin there Judy! (teehee) I am busy too preparing for an update to my web site but that is NOTHING compared to what a REAL shoppekeeper does for the holidays! For a couple of years I worked in a cottage style home decor store and the amount of work was overwhelming!

Beehind Thyme said...

OH... honey I know what you mean. I am actually pinching santa noses tonight... but I had to put those... there LuMiNa's out there. I love them for Thanksgiving...

Awwwwwwwww... the poor pumpkin has seen his better days. Don't forget to say that... there stem.

Always enjoy coming by to visit... wish I could REALLY come by to visit, sit, chat & sip on some coffee. LOL... I am day dreaming...

Gotta get to stitching... Hugs, Pamela

Shari said...

So sad about the pumpkin~~~~~he shoulda made it thru Halloween! I think my little ones outside have seen better days. They haven't been carved and they are getting mushy! LOL !!
But that's ok, cause Christmas will be here soon enough!
Hugs,
Shari

MISS PRUDENCE said...

SETTLE DOWN DEAR GIRL,,, YOU WILL HAVE EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL IN RECORD TIME,,, THE LIGHTS WILL TWINKLE, MUSIC WILL PLAY, CANDLES WILL BE SOFTLY BURNING AND A SMILE ON YOUR FACE FOR ALL WHO ENTER... OF THAT I HAVE NO DOUBT.. LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!

the purple plum said...

I feel your pain !!! Michelle