THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Thursday, September 11, 2008

WHAT A SURPRISE.....!!!





Oh my - today...I go to the post office (we do not have delivery as the store is right across the street from the Hereford Post Office)...and I have two packages there waiting for pick-up. Now I was only expecting one from Dawn Bittner ( North Carolina artist and one of the best little crafters around - her own unique style and I love her items)...anyway, both packages had the name DAWN in the return address and I thought ...what the heck is she sending me two boxes for! Well I open the first and find the coolest cat and scarecrow bobbins I had reordered (like the ones pictured in my heading)...these are the third time they are being replaced. And then I open the other box.....AND IT WAS FROM DAWN EDMONDSON of http://www.the-feathered-nest.blogspot.com/ fame - WHAT A SURPRISE IT WAS....never having met Dawn but truly having a "kindred spirit" feeling about her - hmmmm...she is what I call more fru-fru ...and I am quite prim ... but kindred just the same...well.. she couldn't have surprised me or given me a finer gift (quite unexpected and truly for nothing more than she is just a total giving and loving person - that I hope one day to meet) Knowing my fondness for goode witches she sent me a "Witch's Shoe"....most likely lost while flying very high across that big olde Georgian moon....Dawn made it into a pincushion - and these pictures do not do justice in any way shape or form....it is MAGNIFICIENT....OH DAWN...I LOVE IT TO PIECES... a note attached said I could keep it or sell it....SELL IT...???? Never in a million years....what a special piece of folkart and made by DAWN EDMONDSON - how lucky can one get! The picture with the top of the shoe has a little tag (and where she found this gosh only knows)..it says Witchcraft Lace !!! Thank you sweet friend...I just had to share with everyone!

That was the beginning of a most perfect day. The attic is all cleaned ready for our "Witch in a Jar" class and happy customers filled the day. And I ate half a bag of black licorice that I purchased for new "olde" candy jars that Brenda is bringing in tomorrow morning....like I said "a perfect day" !!! Oh forgot....the barn got the new doors installed today and no more tarps blowing in the wind! Woohoo!!!

3 comments:

MISS PRUDENCE said...

WONDERFUL I MUST SAY... DAWN IS A TRULY GIFTED AND SPECIAL FRIEND INDEED.... WOOHOO /////

THE BARN LOOKS GREAT TOO.... ALL DRESSED UP...

XX

Pots 'n Prims said...

Oh what a wonderful treasure!! I'd say you're a lucky gal to get such a gift! :)
Hugs,
lisa

Saltbox Farm said...

I love the boot....how perfect a gift for you. Dawn must be a very special person and from the looks very talented! And the new doors...oh my goodness, you must be flying (sans the broom, of course!)