THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

SHOPPING TRIP DAY !!!

Guess you know the only way to make up for a "lost" day is to go SHOPPING!! That is exactly what I did. Sharon, who works with us, was in much need of a day of play too - so off we went to the wholesale warehouses about 1 - 1 1/2 hours from our home. A lot of imports but we desperately needed fall candle rings and garlands...and unfortunately that is where you have to get them.....and then of course you see this and that...a basket ...a vine pumpkin ( or two or three)...wonderful RIBBON.....black with orange polka dots....orange with black polka dots...black and orange stripes...all in grosgrain one inch. Will be great for tying on wreaths and everything else. I picked up fall/Halloween notepads and some other odds and ends. All and all it was a fun day - making up for yesterday's "horrors" !!! Now I am a happy storekeeper again!
We always run into other storekeepers too - Chastity and Mark from Magpie Primitives....we had a nice visit and promised to visit for their "Open House"!!!
Lancaster County is filled with lots of pumpkins....my goodness some are so "different"...don't know what other word to use. I am so "traditional" and tend to stick with the regular olde pumpkins and gourds....which is strange since I am getting to love all the "altered art" and "mixed media" stuff. Oh well...I can have it any way I want, now can't I ....(big smile)!!
(I did buy this big 24 in. black wreath (like fake Christmas tree) and orange sparkly glittered stars to put on it....my problem is I just love it all!!!) Will take a picture when I get it together.

No comments: