THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, September 29, 2008

NO THYME TO REST....


In another day it will be October...well two days, but OCTOBER just the same! I have to get Christmas on my mind....I told Miss Barbara to fly home and start stitching...!!!LOL!! We have our witch class this Saturday and then I must pull out any surprises from last year's "Christmas in Hereford" - I have this problem that I can't stop buying items I love....which is really a good thing cause I have a nice start for Christmas this year. I do forget what I purchased though and it is fun opening bins and seeing what treasures have laid within for 10 months.
Tony is at auction this morning hoping to find some goodies to refill the store. Hopefully he can find some treasures!
A really nice young couple came in yesterday and purchased some neat items for their basement turned rec room...they are doing it like an olde barn. This tickles me as the "young ones" seem to be going more for the cathedral ceilings and modern look instead of the warm, cozy country style of decorating! She asked for an agate soap dish like the one in our powder room...and I had one for her!! Tony just gave it to me and she was happy...this young couple had some great ideas to share too!
I think today I will pull out the two (once white) olde wool blankets I have been hoarding to make snowmen and snowmen pillows....and hum a few Christmas Carols to get me in the mood.(those who come to the store know that I play Martha Stewart's Scary Halloween Sounds CD from the beginning of open house until the the Christmas Carols start to play....I love it and the cackling witch..hooting of the owl and the thump thump of the heartbeat sets the mood for Halloween!!!!) BUT...I am getting ready to "secretly" start humming my favorite Carols..
We wish you a Merrie Christmas....we wish you a Merrie Christmas..............fa-la-la-la-la...

3 comments:

Beehind Thyme & French Rustic Cottage said...

LOL... girl you don't stop!!! You are an inspiration to me!!! I absolutely love your motivation & visiting w/ you at your blog & picturetrail.

Your weekend sounded amazing!!! Wish I were there to join in the fun. We had our HaRveST GaTheRiNg at the shop this past weekend. I hope to get as PriMiTiVe as your shop. Love It!!!

Blessings 2 you on this Monday, Pamela

MISS PRUDENCE said...

I HEARD THE FIRST CHRISTMAS CAROL TODAY WHILE SHOPPING...SOON THE AUTUMN COLORS WILL BE REPLACED WITH REDS AND GREEN, ALTHOUGH I DO LOVE THE CHRISTMAS SEASON I NEED TO ENJOY EACH AUTUMN DAY WHILE I VISIT HERE IN BEAUTIFUL PA...
THEN I SHALL HEAD BACK HOME AND BEGIN TO STITCH IN EARNEST FOR A GLORIOUS CHRISTMAS SEASON...OH GOODNESS I AM EXCITED TOO~~~

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh my, Judy!!! Christmas?? eeeek! I loved seeing the photos of you, Barbara and Sharon, now I feel like I've met you all!! I'm so glad Saturday was such a success, I bet it was SO much fun ~ xxoo, Dawn