THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, September 5, 2008

Hurricane Hanna....

I am hardpressed to believe at this moment that we are in for some really bad weather....(well it is open house weekend so why not!!) !! The crickets are chirping...there is a slight breeze in the air and it is cooling down a bit from the 95 degrees it was today! However, we did batten down at the store.....put the witch laying down on a table outside.....(she looked very frightful laying there)...took the BIG pumpkin and stood it behind the bench....didn't want that flying up the road. Hoping the cornstalks are tied securely enough to the porch posts (but I doubt it)...I can see me tomorrow morning chasing cornstalks thru the parking lots.....!! I left Cornball our resident scarecrow standing guard at the back door....fingers crossed all is well in the morning.
New items should be arriving tomorrow.....and today we received all our wax items from Cabin Creek Farm...the box just smells so divine....I can't wait to put it in the store....(it came to the house instead of the store - must change that address on Paypal...duh!!) I also received some really cool tags of "Witches captured in a jar" from an Ebay listing....they are super cool. Just need to be strung tomorrow.
Right now I am making "Pumpkin Buckle"...(a recipe I got from Prim Sisters Talk Radio on the internet)....It is for the store tomorrow...I will let you know how "delish" it is !!!
No time to take pics today - Sharon will be there to help tomorrow so I will take some and hopefully post tomorrow night.....Have a great evening!!!

4 comments:

Char said...

well....I am wishing you a wonderful open house inspite of the ugly weather happening outside your door.

MISS PRUDENCE said...

I AM ON MY WAY TO PA~~~CROSSING THE GREAT WILD WEST...COWBOYS DOT THE PASTURES SITTING ON BEAUTIFUL HORSES...SEE YOU SOON MY FRIEND...
XX

preppy little dress said...

good luck with the open house regardless of hanna, friends in williamsburg,va said she was nothing!

Cabin Creek Farm said...

I hope to visit you this September Ms. Judy...and I am so sorry those goodies went to your home. Your other box of witches will be arriving today I hope :)