THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A BITTERSWEET DAY....



Today Sharon and I spent the day with Miss Barbara....we shopped and shopped all day....enjoyed a good lunch (with excellent service)...and told our stories to each other - and some tales were told that made us laugh silly!! The day was spent smiling - and good treasures were found by each of us - ...........BUT it was my last day with Barb....and it is hard to hold back the tears even now! A faraway friend is a treasure and when you can hug and spend some good times together... saying goodbye is really hard. REALLY HARD! I am happy for the time I had - it was comforting to know she was so close.....BUT all good things have to come to and end and it is time for the Youngs to finish the rest of their journey - meeting with more friends and finding new adventures as they travel. I am sad to see my friend leave but happy her life is so carefree and wonderful!!! Love you Barb and Jerry!!
YES...I am humming Christmas Carols....trying to stick those tunes in Barb's and Sharon's heads.... blink blink it will be Christmas....Barb did find some treasures that will turn into Santas and snowmen.....can't wait to see the finish piece. Sharon is still in Halloween mode but soon we will put a stop to that....I just have to sing louder!!! (big smile)
Now I am going to go wrap myself up in a fat olde quilt and feel sad for me....
Have a safe journey my friend......


3 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Awww Judy, I'm sorry Barb has to leave ~ what a sweet soul she is...I'm so glad that you were able to spend time together ~ it's all about treasuring the time we have with one another whether it be short or long. Wishing you a wonderful day sweet friend, xxoo, Dawn

Saltbox Farm said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful outing with Sharon and Barb. I can only imagine how sad you must be that she'll be venturing back west....but oh the memories you'll have to cherish. What a sweet pic of Pru and her "Dearheart" : )
Hugs, BrunieMae

Cabin Creek Farm said...

What a magical friendship you and Barb have and what great memories you have built together.
hugs,