THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

One basket full.....and one to go....



It was a busy day in the store and I almost didn't get the pumpkins in the basket to photograph.....!!! I do have a few more finished and scattered thruout.....but not enough to fill those baskets to the brim....so I will keep stuffing and stuffing...!!

It feels like fall here tonight.....hope next week for Open House it is nice and cool.....the leaves from some trees....(mostly black walnut)...are falling and make it seem more like Autumn. Some are even starting to turn! And some, like the hibicus in my neighbors yard, are still flowering. It has been a strange summer weatherwise....I am hoping for a nice l - o - n - g fall season!

Today, candles that I ordered called "Sugared Pumpkin" (from Scentsational Scents in Ohio) arrived....I burned a small votive and both floors of the store smelled so wonderful. This is a must have scent for the fall!

There is still lots to do before next Wednesday when we celebrate our Harvest Thyme Open House and the official start of the fall season at THE CINNAMON STICK.....slowly I am getting things done. I am really anxious to see all the wonderful treasures the gals that make things for the store bring in.....all of them are working to the very last minute and most will come this weekend and on Monday and Tuesday while I am cleaning and setting (what I am "hiding") up!!! I will take pictures and show off all their great creations.....

After all these years, I am still like a little kid at Christmas waiting for the treasures to arrive....I do have the best job in the world...always getting presents that, even though I only own them for alittle while...I still get to enjoy them! (and play with them) !!!

Better start stuffing to fill that empty basket......soon the day will be done!

2 comments:

Char said...

I can't wait to see pix of your Open House!...I too long for a a very LONG Fall this year....I love the basket Pumpkins...I do love the treats in your Title pix...I will let you return to your stuffing...hehehehehehe

MISS PRUDENCE said...

LET THE PARTY TIMES BEGIN AT THE CINNAMON STICK... I CAN SMELL YOUR SUGARED PUMPKIN CANDLE ALL THE WAY TO WA STATE AS THEY ARE THE BEST CANDLES IN THE LAND... I WILL SURELY HOPE TO ADD A FEW TO MY SHOPPING BASKET WHEN I VISIT THE CINNAMON STICK IN SEPT..
MY VERY BEST TO YOU....