THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A WHOLE NEW FRIENDSHIP....

I just needed to write about the mixed media, altered art, collage and paper artists out there....I have just begun to pursue an interest in this art form...and just LOVE IT.....the best is that I have yet to encounter one person who is not encouraging or helpful. Everyone I have met is so into sharing and GIVING - giving me advice on where to start, what to read and how to make unique pieces of art. I love the writing on the sidebar of Shabby Cottage Studio - www.shabbycottagestudio.com it says on her site -

"A gathering spot for like minds to find their inspirational spark, to create, to play. A place where thinking outside the box is encouraged and the stretching of your artistic wings hopeful."

How wonderful is that!
If anyone of you are visiting here today - I just want you to know how grateful I am....and how sweet your community of artists are. I am diving in head first and will learn as I go.....this from a prim gal who never looked "outside the box" !!! But is having so much fun doing so... !!! A special thanks to Dawn at www.the-feathered-nest.blogspot.com for her encouragement and my sweet friend Sharon for taking this journey with me !! You'll know when I ARRIVED when I join a challenge in www.mind-wideopen.blogspot.com LOL!!! Hugs to all - Judy





3 comments:

MISS PRUDENCE said...

BE BRAVE AND VENTURE ONWARD INTO A BRIGHT NEW WORLD.. LIKE A PICNIC LIFE IS FILLED WITH WONDERFUL DELIGHTS...AHHH .. NEW FRIENDS TO SPUR YOU AND CHEER FOR YOU, TO LIFT YOU WHEN YOU SLOW A BIT... CHANGE IS GOOD AND WONDERFUL AND FILLED WITH UNTOLD TREASURES...YOU WILL ADD YOUR OWN SPECIAL GIFTS TO YOUR SWIM IN THE ALTERED ART WORLD ,,OF THAT I HAVE NO DOUBT...

I SALUTE YOU ..

YOUR QUAINT AND STILL PLAIN FRIEND,, MISS PRUDENCE

The Feathered Nest said...

I'm just sure that I'll see your entry in the very next challenge!!!! You can do it! xxoo, Dawn

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Come on over Judy, the water's just fine! ;-)

hugs
gail