THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, July 20, 2008

~:~I CAUGHT A FAIRY....and you can too~:~



Hi friends...this is our next class...."capturing a fairy and putting her in a jar"....she won't mind I promise! Sharon and I had a great time creating these "Fairy Jars" - the "twinkle" of glitter is everywhere! Dawn from http://www.the-feathered-nest.blogspot.com/ was our inspiration....and we are calling this "fru-fru prim".....new vocabulary with new creations! IF you would like more info on the class email me at cinnamonstick@comcast.net with your email address.

It is HOT in Pennsylvania.... hoping for a break in this heat wave soon. Living in an olde farmhouse, central air is out of the question so window air conditioners are all we have....AND I don't like them hanging out the front windows, so parts of this olde house are very uncomfortable when the temp is in the 90's....fans are moving air around but ......maybe it is getting older that makes me mind the heat nowadays!

One more week and off to vacation for a few days at the beach.....much needed - I will come back refreshed and ready for fall.....I see so much fall on the internet already and the stores are stocking their shelves....way too early for me....maybe the middle of August we will make a small display - but our open house will not be until September 3rd....and of course our ~:~AUTUMN FROLIC~:~ is September 27th...lots of exciting happenings at THE CINNAMON STICK!

3 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Judy! They turned out BEAUTIFUL!!! I love them! It will be a fun class too I'm sure....I've been meaning to answer your email ~ I've returned home this evening and now going to be gone all day tomorrow but I know I'd like to have six of the forms if that's a good number for me to get. You're a sweet friend to offer them to me! Things should get back to normal come Tuesday! take care and tell Sharon I love them...xxoo, Dawn

MISS PRUDENCE said...

AUTUMN IS IN THE AIR AT TURKEY HOLLOW...BITTERSWEET WOOL, HOMESPUNS OF BLACK AND BROWN, BATS AND CATS AND CROWS SITTING EVERYWHERE.. IT MAY SAY JULY ON CALENDAR BUT MY HEART IS YEARING FOR AUTUMN IN PA....
I BID YOU WELL UNTIL WE MEET..
YOURS,,, PRUDENCE

Mrs. Staggs said...

Hi Judy, the fairies are charming! I'm sure this will be a very sucessful class. Dawn is full of inspiration and is a lovely person too.

Sommerset Studio showed fairy jars about a year or so ago that were charming too, and they inspired a blog swap where lots of folks made fairy jars and swapped them. They were so much fun to see. Maybe you can find some of those in some of the mixed media blog archives to inspire you and your students too.