THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, June 16, 2008

LIFE IS SWEET AS HONEY & BUSY AS A BEE....





What a wonderful sunny Monday morning here in PA....the birds are chirping - sunbeams are filtering thru the trees - and I have gotten off the Merry-Go-Round (which I have been on for the past few weeks). I love being busy and having lots of irons in the fire....just sometimes it is fun when the fire goes out! Today is "catch-up" day with stuff I have pushed aside. BUT TOMORROW is a fun day! One of life's simple country pleasures is having a "kindred spirit" to have fun and shop with - I am lucky to have such a "spirit" living very close to me so we can GO when both can clear the calendar for a day. Sharon is always willing to go anywhere....game for any adventure...we do have so much fun when we take off - many times to parts unknown until we get there! Most of my "kindred spirits" live far away....too far away....and thank goodness for the "internet" that we can tell each other of our adventures and "finds" and good times! AND, every once in awhile we get to go on ADVENTURES together too!!! Life is "sweet and busy as a bee", but I have learned thru my years to stop and smell the roses...to savor those moments when the birds are chirping and the sun is shining....and to just "go" when a friend wants to "take-off" for parts unknown....will let you know how that turns out tomorrow!
The store is looking great - filled with lots of country goods - the herb gardens are ready to be harvested ...and we will have herb bunches for sale in the store next week...
The October, 1983 issue of Country Living had an olde "triangle" standing herb rack on the cover...Tony reproduced it for me "way back then"...and after much prodding he has made some for the store. I love it..great display for pieces of vintage fabric, candles and of course a great place to dry your herbs. The herb racks are in the store now for sale - just in time to fill with your herbal harvest - I think you will love it just as I do. Picture coming later in the week.
Today I hope you can stop and smell the roses - they are sweet as honey and as you smell the roses, take a moment to thank the honey bees.

4 comments:

Saltbox Farm said...

I for one would love to be coming along for the adventure tomorrow...another time hopefully. A long distance kindred am I! Brunie

MISS PRUDENCE said...

YOU ARE THE MOST PERFECT EXAMPLE OF LIVING IN THE MOMENT... ALWAYS READY FOR AN ADVENTURE ,ALWAYS A TALE TO TELL, STORIES TO SHARE....INSPIRATION TO OFFER ONE AND ALL... REJOICE COUNTRY LOVERS THERE IS HOPE~~ COUNTRY IS ALIVE AND WELL, BOTH IN DECORATING OUR HOMES AND IN SHARING THE SIMPLE COUNTRY PLEASURES... LEADING BY EXAMPLE AS YOUR SURELY DO MISS JUDY...

Mrs. Staggs said...

Oh what a fun time we'd have together Judy. I'd love to go on adventures with you, and I'd enjoy visiting your wonderful shop too. I'd probably be haunting it. Shops like yours are few and far apart around our area. Simple country things are not much in fashion around here, but those are the things that make my heart sing, along with the pleasures to be found in just being within a day full of love, friendship and nature.

I love the beeskep collage. It's wonderful!

Take care.

Marcia said...

People should read this.