THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, May 23, 2008

Memorial Day and white shoes....


Did you know you are not suppose to wear white shoes, pants, skirt etc. until after Memorial Day? Just thought I would clue you in....after Memorial Day you can start wearing your "white" gloves too.

Traditionally Memorial Day is cold and windy here in PA....but not this year...we are expecting to have wonderfully perfect picnic weather. No longer do we plan picnics as they always end up inside....so for the past few years Tony and I go antiquing...stopping at many "yard sales" (and there are hundreds) as we travel along. Not sure how far we will go this year as the price of gas is staggering....but I look forward to our day exploring ( and honestly he will take me wherever my heart desires without complaint) !!

The store is finding itself dressed in red, white and blue in celebration of the summer holidays. Flag pillows, prints and some very olde gauze bunting is available now with new items arriving each week. I have a wonderful olde quilt all hand sewn in reds, whites and blues....it is a cutter, but so much work has gone into it I just don't have the heart to cut it up for more pillows.....but then...sharing it with others would be nice too.

I hope you have great plans for the first holiday of summer....be safe and have fun.

No comments: