THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm pretending it is NOT raining all day today.....


Not a very easy thing to do since it hasn't stopped raining all day - the woods are "lush & thick" with overgrowth...a good haven for the birds, squirrels and bunnies. Which brings to mind....what happened to the "turtles". I never see turtles anymore.....we use to see them when we took walks in the woods - many times we had to get out of the car to safely remove them from the road. I need to check into that....too many homes and not enough woods - some call that "progress" - not me!
To get back to my "daydreaming" (that it was not raining all day) - I played in the store having fun - creating little gift gardens, aged paper for Garden Notes, and made some "tag" type herb markers...I don't have a computer at the store or I would never get anything done except play - and I do enough of that as it is!
I sold a cupboard today - not that I don't like to sell big pieces .....but........what a job rearranging everything....finding places for all the items on top of the cupboard (thankfully I didn't fill the shelves). Storekeepers do NOT like "holes"....(an empty spot)....of any kind in their store and I am probably one of the worse - as I have to fill that spot ASAP or it bugs me. Mission accomplished thank goodness!
The rainy weather has put me in a "grumpy" mood so I made a sign today on my little slateboard "BEE HAPPY + SWEET AS HONEY! I'm trying....

2 comments:

MISS PRUDENCE said...

OFTEN TIMES WE NEED THE RAINY DAYS TO BRING OUT LITTLE DREAMS AND THOUGHTS AND WHIMS THAT ARE HIDING INSIDE US WAITING FOR THOSE RAINY SLOWER PACE DAYS TO MAKE THEIR GRAND ENTRANCE INTO OUR WORLD... CELEBRATING THESE RAINY DAYS ALONG WITH THE SUNNY DAYS GIVES US BALANCE AND MUCH JOY..AND ALSO FILLS YOUR SHOP WITH WONDEROUS WARES...BLESSED BE THE RAINY DAYS~~~

THE SPICE CUPBOARD said...

Dear Miss Prudence...you are the only person who can bring cheer and goodness on a rainy day and make me rethink how rainy days are a good thing. XO