THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, May 4, 2008

HERB FAIRE.....and MOTHER'S DAY

We always have our Herb Faire Mother's Day Weekend. It has become tradition that some Moms and Daughters come to the store this weekend together. I love that. My Mom is no longer here with us but she will certainly be with me in spirit. She loved our little store.....was so proud of her oldest daughter - wish I could give her a hug right now!
I enjoy having events at the store and our Herb Faire is a fun one. Gives me a chance to play with making some herbal treats - (and get all fancy with pineapple mint floating in the Rosemary Tea Cooler.....and the rose geranium cheeseball completely covered with johnny-jump-ups)....I will surely take some pics and post them here. I made (and saved) some lavender sugar last year to use in a pound cake and this year we are going to have "strawberry soup"with "mint"....there was a neat recipe in the Wool Street Journal magazine and I can't wait to try it.
We pick up our herbs on Tuesday and will set up Thursday evening.....guess you can tell I am excited... It seemed like a very long winter.....and now it is time to play outside!

No comments: