THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, April 11, 2008

Olde Baby's Shoe....


Tony and I went shopping last Monday and in an antique co-op and I found this wonderful little pair of "baby shoes". I know they NEVER saw a bit of white shoe polish. The patina was so original..not dirty...just olde and worn. I had to have them - and made the most adorable little pinkeepes with the pair. Do you remember "polishing" baby shoes ( I am that olde). My friend Barbara - www.picturetrail.com/turkeyhollowfolkart ) and I had a nice little walk down Memory Lane talking about polishing our baby's shoes using the bottle of white shoe polish with the "nurse's cap" on the front that had the little square fabric piece that you used as the applicator. After letting them dry you took a soft cloth and "buffed" them - it was VERY important that the shoes be kept nice and white. It was HARD getting those high top shoes on your baby's foot...and I couldn't wait to get my daughter her first pair of RED Maryjanes....that is what getting older is all about isn't it...those wonderful memories. My grandbabies wear sneakers....good ones....but it was Stride-Rite and Buster Browns for my babies!!! After wakening all those memories I thought - now what !!!??? So these tiny little shoes will be preserved as darling pinkeepes - vintage fabric cushion, old glass pins and olde baby buttons on a safety pin. Have a good day today.

No comments: